Monday, February 03, 2014

Fried Ice Cream & Coffee at the Saddest Resort!

The Deck 
Villa Paulina, San Jose
Occidental Mindoro



Fried Ice Cream (P120)


The resort where we had our lunch didn't have real coffee. They only serve 3-1 instant. Thank you anyway. When the waiter sensed my disappointment, he suggested another resort (Villa Paulina) where, he claimed, serve good brewed coffee. The thing is, its a good 20 minute tricycle ride away. What the hell. 




Villa Paulina, I must say, is the saddest resort I've ever been in (reminded me of those Hollywood horror B-movies). There were only one room occupied and the resort staff (except for the security guard) was nowhere to be seen. It was only when I started raising my voice that roused them from their hiding places (I had to do it!). The Deck, is situated at the second level where you can see a melancholic beach. Picture this: Grey sand with occasional thin dogs sniffing around.





Good thing that the coffee they served was freshly brewed and deliciously bitter and the Fried Ice Cream (they used Rocky Road!) was well, surprisingly good (though, it was really oily). Well, we had to leave the place right after finishing the dessert. I didn't want my excitement of going around San Jose for rest of the afternoon day doused by the sad resort. Where's my tricycle? 










No comments:

Post a Comment